Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Out On The Tiles

So I had my first proper night out in ol’ blighty last Friday. Had a couple of drinks after work and then proceeded home, I just love how (they have toilets on the trains over here). Got home and the flattie (we shall call her Gem – not her real name) asks if I want to come down to the Slug and Lettuce for a few drinks with some of her friends. Now, money is tight at the mo’ so I said ok, but I don’t want a big one as I can’t really afford it and I’m also going to the first ever A1 Grand Prix qualifying day tomorrow, so I put £10 in my pocket and do the unthinkable and leave all my cards at home!!.

So anyway we trundle down to Putney High St and have a couple of pints while waiting for Gem’s friends who duly turn up. Drinking, chatting, laughing etc etc until closing time 11pm - I still can’t get used to this un-Godly early hour.

So then someone suggests going round to The Fez bar and carrying on (the pubs close at 11pm but the clubs stay open much longer), so we roll on round there and I almost didn’t make it in as there’s an £8 cover charge and of course I don’t have enough cash or anyway of getting any. Luckily one of the group lends me a tenner and I’m in.

Now I didn’t even know that any clubs existed in Putney so I’m just amazed as we head down underground and this huge expanse confronts me with light-up dance floor and all (about ten times as big as the one they had at Barneys). Next things there’s a drink in my hand and there’s dancing to be had.

An couple of hours of this and a few more drinks in my hand (though not out of my pocket) and we’ve had enough, so we head out for takeaways and then Gem, her friend and I are off home – so much for my quiet night. We’re all a little bit tipsy and my frozen pizza in the freezer sounds like a good idea, although then the chips that we’ve had kick in, and we flag the pizza idea., probably a good thing – “don’t drink and fry”.

Anyway that was my Friday night, don’t you just love those off-the-cuff nights that turn out great?

1 comment:

Jimmy Jangles said...

i think u should post a pix of Gem. You know, to see if she is truly truly outrageous....