Pages

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Christmas functions

Well it's that time of year I suppose, when there are Christmas functions a plenty and it's just a matter of choosing the right one to go to i.e. the ones with free or subsidised alcohol and food. I had a couple of interesting experiences on the weekend just gone and it's always amusing to see your fellow workmates let their hair down in a social setting.

I must admit that I am relatively slow to learn and should probably know by now that wine and beer do not mix well, but it seems rude to refuse what someone has gone to the trouble of pouring into a glass and offering you. This indeed happened to me and I ended up fertislising my hosts' garden, however, it says a lot that I had a number of people always checking up on me to make sure that I was ok. Yes the Christmas spirit is alive and well, just a word of advise - go easy on the Christmas spirits

No comments: